Health Benefits of Eating Seafood
“It’s common knowledge that seafood is good for you and there are multiple reasons why. Seafood contains natural omega-3 fatty acids, lean protein, and critical vitamins and minerals that can aid brain development, promote heart health, help fight obesity and improve your overall health.
It’s no wonder the USDA, American Heart Association, American Cancer Society, and American Diabetes Association all recommend eating seafood at least twice a week.
Studies show that a diet containing omega-3 may:
- Promote heart health
- Decrease blood pressure, triglycerides, and cholesterol levels
- Improve arthritis and joint pain
- Lessen symptoms of depression and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Support eye health
- Enhance brain growth and development
- Aid brain growth in unborn babies, infants and kids
- Decrease the risk for certain cancers
- Reduce the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease”
Gorton’s Grilled Seafood is the perfect way to add more seafood into your weekly diet. I love when I am asked to review a product that I already use and enjoy! Gorton’s Grilled Seafood is one of my go to items when I’m rushing between jobs and want something healthy to eat for dinner.
Several months back I shared a recipe here on the blog for Pork Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw that my family loves. I mean LOVES like Pooh loves honey, like the Cookie Monster loves cookies, like the Trix bunny loves Trix. I’ve made the recipe so often that I can make it from memory now. Each and every time I make it, they love it even more – if that’s even possible.
So when I suggested that I substitute Gorton’s Grilled Seafood for the pork called for in the recipe, I started to fear for my life. But somewhere along the way after my family reflected on it, the idea became a good one…great even! Then every day after that realization, my children and husband would eagerly ask if Fish Tacos was what I planned to make for dinner. Life and work kept getting in the way, so for several days we had take out or leftovers. It was clear to me by the dirty looks I got while they were eating pizza delivery, that they were not impressed!
Time to make the donuts! I meant Fish Tacos.
A quick stop at my local grocery store and I had everything I needed for dinner for less than the cost of pizza delivery. We decided to try each of the grilled fish available at our store for under $4 each: Cajun Grilled Tilapia, Signature Grilled Tilapia, and Garlic Butter Grilled Fillets. Gorton’s Grilled Seafood is available in 11 varieties that are gluten-free and 100 calories or less per serving.
Preparing the fillets was quick and effortless in the microwave. In total it took about 10-15 minutes to mix up the Cilantro-Lime Slaw and it was quickly time to put together the Fish Tacos. I made them with corn tortillas and our choice of favorite condiments.
Can I just say that these were GOOD!? The kids have already asked me to make them again, so that means they liked them too.
- (1) Grand Prize: $1,000 wardrobe makeover gift card to the clothing retailer of winner’s choice and (12) VIP coupons each for one (1) free Gorton’s item.
- (20) First Place Prize: (3) Gorton’s VIP Coupons good for one (1) free Gorton’s item each and one (1) $50.00 Visa® Gift Card.
The sweepstakes ends February 3 so enter now!!
Let’s Get Social
Enter to win a Gorton’s Seafood gift pack. Each pack will include:
- (2) Product Coupons
- (1) Pair of Gorton’s branded oven mitts
- (1) Gorton’s Spatula and
- An assortment of Gorton’s recipe cards
* I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above from Gortons. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.