Sonic Drive-In announced two new items on their breakfast menu: The Salsa Verde Burrito and the Salsa Verde Breakfast Toaster.
Sonic invites you to “start your morning with a little kick. The Salsa Verde Breakfast Toaster is made with crispy bacon, bold salsa verde, fluffy eggs, fresh onions and melted American cheese, sandwiched between two thick slices of Texas Toast. The Salsa Verde Breakfast Burrito is comprised of the same savory, quality ingredients, as well as melted cheddar cheese and Sonic Drive-In’s signature Tots, all wrapped in a warm flour tortilla. Named for its green color, salsa verde is a tangy combination of fire-roasted tomatillos, onions, jalapenos and roasted garlic, lending a slight heat and deep roasted flavor to these breakfast favorites. Both the toaster and the burrito are finished off with Wholly™ Avocado — all-natural, 100 percent Hass avocado brought to you by the makers of Wholly Guacamole® brand, America’s number one selling guacamole.”
We were given the opportunity to sample one or both of the new Salsa Verde Breakfast items. When it came time to order, I couldn’t decide if I was in the mood for a toaster sandwich or a burrito – they both sounded so sinfully delicious! So my husband wisely suggested I get them both. I did feel a bit greedy when the car hop brought out our food and most of it was mine. I mean I had to try both the new Salsa Verde breakfast choices and I had to get an order of the new natural cut fries. That feeling of shame quickly was dismissed once I tasted the buttery toaster sandwich and the spicy, cheesy burrito.
My next dilemma was deciding which I like the most. A known potato addict, the combination of tater tots and salsa verde in the burrito was so delicious! On the other hand, the Toaster was toasted and buttered to perfection. Alternating bites of both did little to tip the scale firmly in either direction. I admit that I ate all of it, save a few bites my husband took to give his opinion. In the end I couldn’t decide.
One thing we both agreed on — we would have liked more Salsa Verde on our breakfast selections. The salsa was tangy, flavorful, and had just the right amount of spice.
On the home front, we used our Wholly Guacamole vouchers to purchase guacamole in fun 100 calorie mini’s perfect for throwing in our lunch boxes.
We love knowing that Wholly Guacamole products are:
- All Natural
- Has no Preservatives
- Gluten Free
- Are made with real Haas Avocados
- Can be conveniently frozen for up to 3 months
Stay tuned to the blog for the grilled fish tacos we made using spicy Wholly Guacamole.
One Keeping Your Cents reader in the US, 18+ will have the chance to sample the new Salsa Verde Toaster Sandwich or the Salsa Verde Burrito at Sonic.
Enter on the Rafflecopter below to win a gift pack, which includes:
- (1) $20 Sonic Gift Card
- (1) Sonic backpack filled with goodies
- (5) Vouchers for a FREE Wholly Guacamole brand product redeemable at your local grocery store
Let’s Get Social with Sonic
* I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above from Sonic and Wholly Guacamole through . Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway. Void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning are based on the total number of entries received. Winners will be notified by email from firstname.lastname@example.org and will have 24 hours to respond or risk forfeiting their prize. Prize fulfillment is the sole responsibility of the sponsor.
Please note that neither Mardesia, owner of Keeping Your Cents, or The Pitch List bloggers in the hop are responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prizes. We have represented each sponsor with the expectation they will fulfill their prize and in a timely manner. The sponsors, in most cases, are shipping their items to you directly. We will make every effort to assist you obtaining your prize to the best of our ability.
This promotion is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter and is Facebook-compliant.