Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner? This One Pan Burrito Bowl paired with tortilla chips and a salad is sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1 cup of uncooked extra-long grain rice
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 1/2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of colby jack, monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- kosher salt and pepper
- freshly diced tomatoes
- diced green onions
- sour cream – optional as a garnish
- guacamole – optional as a garnish
- Sauté onions in 2 tablespoon of olive oil until soft.
- Season diced chicken with salt and black pepper to taste. Add chicken to pan and cook over medium high heat until chicken has started to brown.
- Move chicken to one side of pan, in the other side of the pan add an additional tablespoon of olive oil and sauté uncooked rice for about 2 minutes or just until grains start to turn golden brown.
- Stir in black beans, canned tomatoes, chicken broth, garlic powder, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Sprinkle with cheese, add lid back on and let set for 2-3 off heat to melt cheese.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes, green onions, sour cream and guacamole.
* This post may include affiliate links and/or sponsored content. By clicking on those links you are helping to support this blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” You can read more in our Disclosure Policy.