America’s favorite breakfast foods is so much more than just a hot cereal. Some of the many benefits of the Old Fashion Oats in your cupboard.
- Oats are one of the many foods listed as a superfood. Our bodies are designed to thrive with a supply of a number of nutrients. Superfoods are foods that contain a goodly amount of nutrients.
- Oatmeal contains vitamin D that can help to combat winter blues. Vitamin D works in the body with other nutrients and hormones to regulate hormone function, which can affect all sorts of things, including mood. You can take supplements or eat foods high in Vitamin D like oatmeal.
- Eating steel cut oatmeal instead of instant. – This is is an easy change to make and it’ll add more healthy whole grains to your diet. You can amplify this whole grain change and switch to steel cut oats and brown rice instead of instant oatmeal and white rice. Small changes make a big difference.
The Rules are really quite simple:
Every Tuesday the Bloggers and I share great recipes, with no specific theme.
Fill free to add your recipe of choice to the linky.
All we ask is: No Giveaways Please! (They will be removed.)
We love comments or shares, so feel free to share your favorites.
- 2/3 cup long cooking oats
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apples, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place the oats, apple juice and water in with the oats and stir to combine.
- Add in the cranberries, apples, and pecans.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine together.
- Place the saucepan over medium high heat and bring mixture to a steady boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking an additional 4 minutes being sure to stir often. Mixture should thicken and no water should be left in the pan.
- In a small bowl whisk the milk, egg and vanilla together well. Pour into the oatmeal. Continue to cook on low 1 minute being sure to stir continuously. Serve warm with butter and brown sugar.
Would you be surprised to learn that spending a small fortune on beauty products is quite unnecessary? All of the ingredients you’ll ever need are in your kitchen or pantry cabinet. Here is a quick way to make natural home beauty remedies in a flash. Wouldn’t you love a facial? Get out the box of oatmeal from your cabinet and begin. This oatmeal facial will not only exfoliate, but moisturize your skin as well. Plus, this is how you can use up all that instant oatmeal in your cabinet.
- 1 pack instant oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs yogurt
- 1 egg white
- Take out a package of instant oatmeal; add a half a cup of water; two tablespoons yogurt; two tablespoons of honey and one egg white.
- Apply a thin layer to your face.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes or until you feel tightness; then rinse your face with warm water.
You can also go back to see recipes posted in past weeks for the Good Eatin Recipe Hop. Also, see what the other ladies of the Pitch List are cooking up by following the linky.
* This post may include affiliate links and/or sponsored content. By clicking on those links you are helping to support this blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” You can read more in our Disclosure Policy.