Add your recipe of choice to the linky.
- 1 1/2 cups Cake Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons Grapefruit Juice
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Rind, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- (2) 6 oz packs Cream Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 6 to 8 drops Yellow or Pink Food Coloring
- 3 fresh grapefruits, peeled, sectioned, and drained, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice.
- Preheat Oven to 350°
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. into a bowl.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
- Mix water, egg yolks, oil, and grapefruit juice in a separate bowl.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff - not dry
- Gradually fold egg whites into the cake batter, folding gently with a rubber spatula until just blended. Do not stir the mixture.
- Pour into an ungreased 10-inch cake pan. Bake at 350º degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched with a finger.
- Invert pan on cake rack until cool. Run spatula around edge of cake. Carefully remove from pan. With a serrated knife, gently cut layer in half.
- Let cream cheese soften at room temperature. Beat cheese until fluffy.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Gradually blend in sugar until well blended. Add food coloring.
- Fold reserved grapefruit juice into frosting.
- Divide the frosting evenly into two bowls. Roughly chop 2/3 of the grapefruit sections and add them to half the frosting.
- Spread this mixture on the bottom half of cake. Top with several grapefruit sections. Cover with second layer of cake. Frost top and sides.
- Garnish with remaining grapefruit sections.
You can also go back to see recipes posted in past weeks for the Good Eatin Recipe Hop.
Also, see what the other ladies of the Pitch List are cooking up by following the linky.