Add your recipe of choice to the linky.
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped (you may also use turkey or beef bacon)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ¾ cup of apple cider
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup of toasted, sliced almonds
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until it is crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and allow it to drain on paper towels. Save 1 tablespoon of drippings from the skillet and discard the rest.
- Add the butter, onions and Brussels sprouts to the drippings. Cook these on medium-high for 1 to 2 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly browned.
- Add the next five ingredients in a small bowl and then pour the mixture over the sprouts. Cook this for an additional 5 minutes or until all of the liquid has evaporated and the sprouts are glazed evenly.
- Stir the mixture occasionally and then stir in the browned bacon.
- Spoon the sprouts into a serving bowl and top them with the toasted, sliced almonds.
You can also go back to see recipes posted in past weeks for the Good Eatin Recipe Hop.
Also, see what the other ladies of the Pitch List are cooking up by following the linky.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
<!– end LinkyTools script →
* This post may include affiliate links and/or sponsored content. By clicking on those links you are helping to support this blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” You can read more in our Disclosure Policy.