Add your recipe of choice to the linky.
You won't be able to get enough of this sweet heat! Cinnamon and cayenne pepper are a bold flavor pairing with sweet chocolate and creamy avocado. This unique mousse will be a showstopper with your family and friends. There's also a kid friendly version, just in case it's a bit too spicy for the little ones.
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, taken from the top of an unshaken can
- 1 cup Wholly Guacamole 100% Avocado dip
- 3 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher or sea salt
- Break the chocolate into smaller pieces and place in a microwave safe dish, .
- Melt the chocolate for about 1 minute on high.
- Remove bowl from the microwave. Note that not all the chocolate will be melted.
- Stir the chocolate with a knife blade until completely melted.
- Add the coconut milk and stir to mix well. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Spoon the Wholly Guacamole avocado dip into a food processor and process for about 30 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl and process again.
- Add the remaining ingredients plus the cooled chocolate mixture. Process until mixed thoroughly.
- Put in serving bowls and serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
The heat intensifies if refrigerated overnight, so if you are making it ahead use only 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne unless you like it spicy!
Kid friendly (not spicy), busy mom version:
- 1 cup Wholly Guacamole 100% avocado dip
- 4 tablespoons Mexican hot chocolate mix
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Put the Wholly Guacamole avocado dip in a food processor, process for about a minute, scrape the sides of the bowl, and process again.
- Add the hot chocolate mix and sift the unsweetened cocoa powder into the mixture.
- Process until thoroughly mixed. Put in serving bowls and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Even if you make the kid friendly version, this recipe is still dynamite. Knock everyone’s socks off with this unexpected flavor combination!
Let’s Get Social with Wholly Guacamole
Also, see what the other ladies of the Pitch List are cooking up by following the linky.
* The opinions expressed above are 100% my own. I received product in exchange for this review and post. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” You can read more in our Disclosure Policy.