Summer is a time for pool parties, beach parties, sun bathing and best of all – DISNEY! However, with the suns rays growing ever stronger, while you are in Disney, you should take precautions to prevent overheating and dehydration.
Here are some Disney safety tips as you spend your days in the sun and heat of Disney World or Disneyland:
- When touring the parks, always wear sunscreen, preferably SPF 15 and reapply every two hours.
- Try to stay in the shade during the hours of 10am and 4pm, when the sun is at its strongest.
- Wear sunglasses and a hat when sunbathing at the beach. If possible, bring or rent an umbrella. (This is especially important if you are bringing the kids along.)
- Drink plenty of water on a hot days in the parks, at the resort pools or at the beach. Drink liquids every 20 minutes to avoid any form of dehydration.
- When exposing babies to the sun, ensure they are wearing lightweight clothing, including hats with brims. It’s also safe to apply suntan lotion to their face, and the back of their hands, as well.
- If you are heading to the parks, doing a tour or spending time at other outdoor activities, dress in light-colored cotton clothing.
- If it’s very, very hot, reduce your activity to fifteen minutes. The moment you become dizzy or flushed – stop. Go to a shaded area, and drink water until your body has a chance to cool down.
- Take care of your pets. Ensure they have plenty of water to drink, and are kept in a shaded area in your backyard. Otherwise, keep them indoors, and limit their activity as well.
- Carry wet washcloths in a plastic bag, if you are spending the day out. This is great to have if you are feeling faint, or are walking for a long period.
- When driving, especially in high temperatures, bring bottles of water and wet wash clothes, as well.
We have all felt the affects of the weather over the past couple of years. With temperatures in the 100’s, or above in most states, it’s important to follow these tips, as well as listening to the weather forecast in your area. Remember: Even at Disney, Safety first!
Ready to book your cool family vacation to Disney? Let Get Away Today plan your best vacation yet. Use Promocode KYCENTS to save $10 off your booking.
* This post may include affiliate links and/or sponsored content. By clicking on those links you are helping to support this blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” You can read more in our Disclosure Policy.