As you know, keto isn’t just about cutting carbs as we discussed in my Intro to Keto, but adding in more fats. You need healthy fats to enter ketosis, where your body actually burns more fat for energy. This is what makes the ketogenic diet so beneficial for weight loss and continued weight management. Before we get to the Keto Fat Bombs, let’s talk briefly about healthy fats. I’m not a medical professional or nutritionist – just a Southern Girl trying to keep it together and live a healthier life. Please by all means consult with your Doctor and use discretion before trying the keto fat bombs I’ve linked below.
Stick to the Healthy Fats
Before you start adding more fats to your diet, you want to focus on the right types of fats. Healthy fats while on a keto diet will ensure that you maintain the right health and energy, while also increasing your fat intake to enter ketosis properly. Good sources of fat include animal protein, like beef, duck, and tallow, which are your saturated fats. Other saturated fats include clarified butter, regular butter, and coconut oil.
You can also have other healthy fats called monounsaturated fats, like olive oil and avocado oil. Then your fatty fish contain omega3s, which are also great to add to your diet.
Use Fats When Cooking
Also make sure you are adding your healthy fats every time you cook. When making eggs, use real butter on the pan instead of butter spray. If you are going to make a big steak, don’t be afraid to add butter! Use olive oil or coconut oil if you are going to pan-fry anything or cook veggies on the stove. There are so many ways to add in fats while cooking, increasing the fat and the flavor at the same time. Top your foods with fats as you desire, from butter on veggies to oil in your salads.
Despite these recommendations, some people still experience difficulty with their fat intake, which is where keto fat bombs come in. Here is more information about these tasty little nuggets and how they can help you on your keto journey.
What Are Keto Fat Bombs?
When you begin looking up different keto recipes, you will often come across something called a fat bomb. This is nothing more than a small treat-like snack that gives you a nice boost of fat. While it is often meant just to give you an easy way to eat healthy fats so you are reaching the 70-75% minimum of fat each day, they also provide other benefits. Fat bombs range in flavors, but often provide a nice sweet or savory treat for you to enjoy while on keto.
The Purpose of Keto Fat Bombs
As you know, the main purpose of fat bombs is to increase your fat. There are many days when as much as you try, you just can’t get your fat percentage up high enough. This often occurs when you have a lighter food day where you’re too busy to eat much more than a salad, you eat leaner protein like fish or chicken, or when you aren’t doing much cooking. During these days, you can enjoy a fat bomb that should already be stored in your refrigerator or freezer and ready to go.
Keto Fat Bombs Roundup:
Here is a roundup of 30 amazing sweet and savory keto fat bomb recipes. Everyone’s different, so you can definitely change them to fit your personal tastes.
- Breakfast Bacon Fat Bombs – A Simple Pantry
- Peppermint Fat Bombs – Ditch the Carbs
- Delicious Orange Cheesecake Fat Bombs – DIY Candy
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs – A Sparkle of Genius
- French Toast Fat Bombs – Real Balanced
- Blackberry Coconut Fat Bombs – Low Carb Yum
- Keto Friendly Pumpkin Spice Fat Bombs – Moscato Mom
- Sea Salted Chocolate Fat Bomb – The Dirty Floor Diaries
- Dark Chocolate Coffee Fat Bomb – Keto Size Me
- Peanut Butter Fat Bombs – Savory Tooth
- Chocolate Macadamia Fat Bomb – Wholesome Yum
- Raspberry Lime Cheesecake Fat Bombs – The Baking Fairy
- Everything But the Kitchen Sink Fat Bomb – Kasey Trenum
- Blueberry Bliss Fat Bombs – Real Balanced
- Cheesy Jalapeno Poppers Fat Bombs – Low Carb Yum
- Craving-Buster Chocolate Fat Bombs – Living Well Mom
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Fat Bombs – Diaries of a Domestic Goddess
- Ginger Fat Bombs – Ditch the Carbs
- Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Fat Bombs – JaMonkey
- Blackberry Mascarpone Fat Bombs – Keto Size Me
- Matcha Cheesecake Fat Bombs – Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Delicious Pumpkin & Chocolate Fat Bombs – DIY Candy
- Lemon Fat Bombs – A Sparkle of Genius
- Cheesecake Fat Bombs – Savory Tooth
- Cinnamon Roll Fat Bombs – Real Balanced
- Crunchy Raspberry ‘White Chocolate’ Fat Bomb – Allergy Girl Eats
- Blueberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs – Easy Keto Dishes
- Peanut Butter Whips Frozen Fat Bombs – Low Carb Yum
- Paleo Butter Pecan Fat Bombs – What Grandma Ate
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bombs – Real Balanced
What Are Your Favorite Keto Fat Bombs?
I’m sure there are hundreds more recipes that I could add to this roundup. So my question to my readers: What are you favorite Keto Fat Bombs? Drop links in the comments so I can add to my arsenal of treats.
* This post may include affiliate links and/or sponsored content. By clicking on those links you are helping to support this blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” You can read more in our Disclosure Policy.